Towny FAQ

McShinyShoe

FAQ
  • Is keep inventory on?
Yes. Keep inventory is enabled in all worlds.​
  • How can I play towny?
In towny, we create a group of players named town. And in each town, there are claimed lands which we call plots. Plots are a chunk (16x16 block) of which is owned by a town. To keep you entertained, the server offers several plugins such as Dungeons, McMMO, SlimeFun, PyroFishing, PyroMining, MoFood, etc.....​
  • How can I protect my stuff?
For starters, you can join or create a town so that you can get a plot of which only you, town staff, and trusted people in your plot can access. Or, you can also place a protection camp that will claim a chunk temporarily for 3 full days. To further protect blocks such as chests, shulkers, barrels, or doors, you can create a private sign of which only you, server staff, or the people listed in the private sign can access that particular block.​
To create a private sign, without sneaking, right click a sign to a chest​
To get a Protection camp, you can get them from newcomer kit​
Code:
/kit newcomer
To join a town type​
Code:
/t join <name>
To create a new town type​
Code:
/t new <name>
  • How can i exit spawn?
You can exist spawn by clicking the parrot in spawn or you can also type​
Code:
/rtp
to open the random teleport menu. Click one of the shulker to choose a world to teleport to.​
  • What is the fastest way to make money?
If you are a beginner, the best way to get money is to either sell vote keys or hoppers, or do quests (especially the Impossible Quests).​
To vote in this server, get the list of the vote link in https://thecavern.net/pages/vote/, and to do quest type​
Code:
/quest
  • Can i grief in this server?
You CANNOT grief on the server. As stated in the server rules:​
Rules on "Building Expectations"
Do not intentionally inconvenience the expansion of a town by building or breaking within 2 chunks (32 blocks) of any claim. For example, do not excavate large pits nor build walls around a claim to halt their progress.

For further information about rules, visit https://thecavern.net/rules/
If you halt a town expansion by either building or breaking a block, or stealing from a chest within 2 chunks away from any plot of that town, it is considered a grief and will be handled by the staff. Staff can see which person builds, breaks, or accesses a block in a chunk.​
  • Is PvP enabled?
PvP is disabled by default. If you want to start a PvP there is two condition that have to be fulfilled:​
  1. Both players have PvP status enabled
  2. Both players are in a chunk where PvP is allowed such as Wilderness chunk, arena types plot, and plots which have PvP enabled.
To enable PvP status type​
Code:
/pvp on
To disable PvP status type​
Code:
/pvp off
To enable PvP in a claimed chunk, either make that plot an arena type​
Code:
/plot set arena
and you can change it to default type using​
Code:
/plot set default
or enable PvP using​
Code:
/plot toggle pvp on
which u can disable again using​
Code:
/plot toggle pvp off
  • What is a Vote Party?
In the hud(the box on the right of your screen) it will show you a counter of Vote Party. Everytime a person votes on 1 website, it goes down by 1. Vote party happens when the counter reaches 0. When the Vote Party happens, a pinata will show up at the Vote Party area which can give you loot when you punch the pinata. The pinata has a limited amount of time it can be punched so make sure you don't miss it!​
You can teleport to the VoteParty area by typing​
Code:
/warp pinata
  • What is zeta, entropy, noms, or drachma?
Zeta are the currency for the plugin pyromining, you normally can get this from mining ores, you can check how many zeta you got by typing​
Code:
/mine zeta
Zeta can be withdrawn by opening vessel menu​
Code:
/mine vessel
then click the gold nugget named "Withdraw Zeta (10,000)"​
Entropy are the currency for the plugin pyrofishing, you normally can get this from fishing, you can check how many entropy you got by typing​
Code:
/fish entropy
Entropy can also be withdrawn by opening augments menu​
Code:
/fish augment
then click the paper named "Withdraw 10.000 entropy)​
Just like Zeta and Entropy, noms are the currency for the plugin MoFood. Noms are obtained from farming MoFood crops. To check how many noms u got, do​
Code:
/food noms
you can withdraw them using​
Code:
/food noms withdraw <amount>
and you will get a Blob O' Noms.​
  • Where can I use keys and what are the rewards you can get?
You can open keys by visiting the crates area in spawn. To see what you can get from a certain key, punch a crate that you want to see its rewards.​
You can visit the crates area by typing​
Code:
/warp crates
  • How can I join the server discord?
  • Can I join based on java?
Yes! this server is based on java but you can also join the server using bedrock version of minecraft, visit https://thecavern.net/bedrock-faq for more info​
For more question about the server, you can post them in this thread​

Last edited: